Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another week down... and still not done

So... the good news of the day is that the clinic blood tech managed to find a vein in my arm this morning! Unfortunately, my GP's blood tech was not so lucky 2 hours later and I ended up with a punctured hand anyway ;)

Yup... two blood draws today. The first was yet another beta... the second was to check my thyroid function.

For the beta, today's result was 65 (down a little less than 500)... I go back in a week and hope to hell it's not stalling.

The thyroid was at my request. Why? Well, when I went to the hospital to have the methotrexate, they took my temp... it seemed kind of low for me (I generally run a post-O basal temp of 36.6... it was 36.2... since I was still technically pregnant at that point, and had been up and about for several hours by then, I would have expected it to be at least 36.6. Of course, I haven't remembered to actually take my temp on waking in the 2.5 weeks since to check)... and since it's been a year (give or take a month or so) since my last check, I asked to have it checked before getting a scrip renewal. Of course, Dr. Know-it-all-but-can't-give-a-decent-level-of-care looked at the previous 2.5 years of tests and said that he expects it'll be in range, so he'd rather just write the scrip and call me if the results come back out of whack. What??? You mean you DON'T want to bill the provincial health care folks for another visit for no good reason??? Are you feeling ok? That's so unlike you! But... I took the scrip ;) Then headed off to their lab to have my blood drawn to check it anyway. Of course, the guy 4 ahead of me had passed out, so there was a backlog and delay... guess it's a good thing that my appointment was short and ahead of schedule in starting :)

So... still waiting, just waiting on more, now. Still bleeding, but it's been a different "character" of bleed for the past couple of days. More like a regular period. I'm choosing to take that as a good sign. I just want it to be over by next Thursday so I don't have to devote precious suitcase space to FHPs (Feminine Hygeine Products... D hates the term, and would rather be cryptic about these things, so... FHPs).

Here's hoping!

1 comment:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

I really hope everything's done before your vacation. You deserve a wonderful, relaxing and serene time!