Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mixed feelings

Had another beta this morning (I've lost count). Took them 10 minutes to find a vein in my hand (yes... 10 minutes, and they didn't even look in my arm). Hurt like none of them have every hurt before, too. Le Sigh.

But... the number today was 539. That's down 1510 from Tuesday, which was down just under 1000 from the previous Thursday.

I go back again in 5 - 7 days (whenever works for me).

I have mixed feelings about this. I mean, yes, it's good that the drugs did what they were supposed to do... but it's still a falling number... a miscarriage... another lost child.

It hurts to think about. It hurts more than usual at the moment because next Sunday is Mother's Day. I thought I'd be 7.5 months for Mother's Day. Nope. I thought I'd be about 11 weeks for Mother's Day. Nope on that score too. And D has been told by his employer that he's working next Sunday (in addition to Saturday). I guess they figure he doesn't have kids so he won't mind. I hate that about his employers.... if you don't have kids, you don't have a family. I need him.... precisely BECAUSE we don't have kids. But they'll never understand.

On the up side, if I'm lucky, next week's beta will be the last... and hopefully things will be back to "relatively normal" before we go on vacation (the 17th).

2 comments:

Emily said...

Mums, if there is anyone that deserves the best, it is you. That's why I'm so unhappy that you had to go through this. I wish that things will return to normal soon, and you can find things to make you smile. ((hugs))
M

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and sending you a hug. We should do lunch again soon, maybe when you're back from your trip. :)