Thursday, December 6, 2007

3 cheers for happy side effects

Hey... when you're where we are with the rest of things, you take joy where you can find it.

TMI alert... this deals with icky girl-type-stuff. LOL as if that'll make a difference if you're reading an IVF blog.

Normal AF: 5 - 7 days of full flow, plus a couple of days of spotting on either end. Yup... lovely... up to 11 days of ick.

This AF (and I'm going to chalk it up to the Estrace): 1 moderate day, 2 heavy (very) days, 1 day of spotting and I'm done. Done! It's CD5 and I'm DONE!!! Excuse me for a moment while I get up and dance around my chair :)

See? I told you... you take the joy where you can find it. I'm not back at the clinic until CD11 (6 more days... just 6 more days...) and that just seems like ages to wait. But on the up side, if things look good next Wednesday, then we'll likely be doing the transfer of our little kidsicles on Monday or Tuesday following. On the down side, that also means that the progesterone injections self-administered in the butt will be starting again soon, which kind of sucks, but if it means I can get (and STAY... that's the trick) preggers, then it'll be worth it.

And hopefully I can make it through the month without any stupid comments about "when are you going to have kids" or "we weren't even trying" or "it was our first try" or "I'm going to be x months pregnant in x+4 months' time" or the like. At least most of our friends either already know, or just don't go there.

No comments: