Friday, December 14, 2007

Here we go again...

So on Wednesday (yes, 2 days ago and I'm only blogging now), I went to my clinic for a status check so we could figure out when to do the transfer for this FET cycle. It was interesting on a few fronts:

- for the first time in all the times I've been there, there was no-one waiting ahead of me for bloodwork. Likewise was the u/s process quick and easy (in fact, they put me in a room with an u/s tech already in there... no waiting!). I got to the clinic at 7:30 and by 7:45 I was done and waiting to see the doc (unlike usual visits, where I'm there at 7:00 and am lucky if I'm done my u/s by 7:45)

- for the first time in all the times I've been there for monitoring I was asked by the u/s tech (who's done my scans before) if I had any allergy to latex. As it happens, I'm fine with it, so long as my exposure is relatively short, so no worries there.

- for the first time in 3 rounds of purchases, I was asked what kind of oil for my progesterone injections. There's more than one kind???? Yes, I've been using sesame oil... not my fave, thicker than I'd really like, and stinky, but since I've got one vial left over from last time, I figured I should get the same for consistency's sake. But apparently they also have it in cottonseed oil and grapeseed oil (and possibly another one... I stopped listening after she got to sesame again)

- for the first time my doc actually said to me "you know... I was thinking about you last night and wondering how it was going... and here you are!"

Anyway, what it boils down to in the end is this: My lining was nice and thick "perfect... Beautiful!" says my doc. So I was told to keep taking the Estrace and that they could do the transfer any time from Saturday on. So we're set for Monday (a commitment I can't get out of for Sunday, so Monday works better).

As a result, today (Friday) I add to the mix:
- Doxycyline - 1 pill twice daily for 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday... for transfer on Monday)
- Progesterone injections - 2 mL once per day in the evening in the butt (self-delivered, I might add... such fun... I get to test how far I can twist!)

They'll call me on Sunday to let me know what time the transfer will be at.... and then I get to go back for my beta on.... New Years Eve. I was told I could come in on the 30th if I'd prefer, but really... do I want to get up in the darkness of early morning to get in there for a simple blood test that may or may not yeild good/bad news several hour later? Or would it be better to stop in on my way to work... where at least I have a purpose in being up and something to distract me in the intervening hours? So I think we'll stick with New Year's Eve... and shoot for a low-key evening at home to be either very depressed (if it's negative), or very nervous (if it's positive... since the last positive didn't last).

Oh joy.

Right now it's still a little unreal. Like "this is too easy... it can't possibly work". I'm hoping that starting the injections tonight will make it more 'real'... last time I was at this point I'd already been doing injections for 2 weeks and been through a retrieval.

No comments: