Tuesday, March 18, 2008

4dp3dt – that’s 4 days post 3-day transfer for the uninitiated

So… 4 days down… 10 days to go! Good grief that sounds like a long time. Le Sigh.

So. Good things:

  • I seem to be holding my own with the meds. DH is helping with the PIO (still just pushing the plunger and I do the rest, but that’s all I need right now).
  • Not bruising much (so far, 2 very small bruises from the Fragmin injections… both on the same side, oddly enough).

    Not so wonderful things:
  • the Fragmin injection seems to have a mild “shock” effect on my system. Meaning after I “shoot up” with the blood thinner, I have to sit down and have something to eat. Not a huge deal, but something to keep an eye on.
  • The progesterone “side effects” have started. At least, I’m choosing to tell myself it’s the meds, for the sake of my sanity. For the next 2 weeks, everything is a side-effect of the progesterone *laugh* So far we’ve got: gassiness, increased appetite, increased thirst, fatigue, sore nips and peeing every freakin’ hour. I expect increased scent sensitivity will kick in any day now, followed by nausea/queasiness and possibly food aversions. I had those even in December when we got the BFN (Big Fat Negative, again, for the uninitiated).

    Such fun!

    A big huge “shout out” to all my friends in the 2ww, or staring down the barrel of the IVF gun in the next little while. Especially big hugs heading out to ‘M’ on the West Coast, ‘cuz right now I just want to wrap her up in a big huge hug and try to make it all better…. Hon, we’ve been there, if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me and I’m more than happy to listen.

    That’s enough obsession for one day, I think… I’m trying to pretend the next 10 days aren’t really happening, so if I’m sporadic, that’s why *laugh*

    Take care, all!

1 comment:

angarino said...

I'm 7 days post a 3 day transfer and this is my first IVF. I'm really nervous and just wanted to talk to someone about how I'm feeling..I'm new to all this. :)