Thursday, March 6, 2008

Stim Day 7 - we're getting closer!

Another trip to the clinic this morning. Another blood draw. Another day where I end up with two punctured hands because they can't find a vein in either arm and the first attempt collapsed as soon as the needle was in. I'm getting really tired of this. The nurses (who don't do the blood draw at our clinic) are horrified by it, too. Me, I could just do without the pain to start the day and the track marks I can't hide. If they're having this much trouble finding a vein now, what the hell are they going to do for my IV at the retrieval???? I think that might just be a question to raise with the nurse on Saturday if I get the double-stick again.

Another u/s... always entertaining, but even more so when they can't find the ovaries and have to push on the abdomen with their fist. Joy. Both sides. Such fun!

But... the doc says everything's looking really good. He says 10 - 15 follies (although I think he might not be counting all of them... see later statement on size). He's reduced my Bravelle, but increased my Repronex for the next 2 days (Yay... that SHOULD mean less stinging). He wants to see me back on Saturday morning... and he wants to do the u/s himself so he can estimate when the retrieval will be! Already! He also said that I was responding much better to this protocol than the last one. Good to know, although I'm not sure I'll be able to put myself through this a third time if it doesn't work this time.

So I was chatting with the nurse who was re-stocking my meds... the list the u/s tech wrote looks like about 20 follies, but they ranged in size from 0.6 (pretty small) to 1.8 (at day 7 of stims! Last time the biggest I had was just over 2, and that was after 2 full weeks!). She also guessed that retrieval might be Tuesday! That's less than a week away! Of course, we won't really know until Saturday... too bad my other half has to work on Saturday and won't get that news first-hand. We also have to figure out how to get him whatever days off are needed without telling his boss what it's for (discretion is a foreign concept to him, sadly).

So... here we are... I can't believe next week is retrieval time again already!

No comments: