Saturday, March 29, 2008

A little bit pregnant?

Remember the days when you lived in happy ignorance and believed there was no such thing as "a little bit pregnant"? Oh to live in those days again.

Went for my beta yesterday morning. Having decided as soon as I woke up that there was no way in hell I was going to be remotely productive at work, I called in sick. Lucked out in that they were able to find a vein in my hand pretty quickly for once (as usual, no luck in my arm). In and out of the clinic in about 15 minutes... not, however a short enough time to avoid all the pictures of happy babies... nor, indeed all the babies and toddlers who were there. Le Sigh.

Anyway... nerve wracking day until 2:00 when the phone rang. Aw, who am I kidding... the phone didn't end the nerve wracking-ness of the day. Why not? Because the number was 9.

Here's the breakdown. Less than 5 is negative. 10 or above is positive. Anything in between is that no-man's-land of "a little bit pregnant". So yet again I get past beta day without any definitive answers (last time the number was 18 on beta day #1). So I get to go back again tomorrow (Sunday) for another beta and hope against hope that the number goes up instead of down (which is the direction the nurse's voice says I should expect).

I'm seriously bummed right now. I have no idea how I'm going to get through tomorrow... especially if the result is negative.

Keep your fingers crossed for me? Please?

2 comments:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Well, 9 is better than 5, that's for sure.

Hoping your numbers are better tomorrow.

Keep the faith.

Emily said...

Oh Ruth, I have everything crossed! I know this waiting is so hard for you. Please stay strong. I'm hoping for the best!
xo
M