Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ouch... enough of this crap...

Ok... so last night was progesterone injection #2. As I described it to DH last night, Castor Oil (as a delivery medium) has roughly the consistancy of warm-ish honey. Meaning it doesn't flow so much as ooze. This makes it a little difficult to depress the plunger in the syringe. This makes it damn near impossible for someone like me... because DH can't deal with the sight of needles and I'm consequently stuck giving them to myself. The Lupron was no problem (it goes in the gut)... the stims were no problem (so far, I'm able to twist far enough to inject things into my own butt).... I expect the Fragmin will be easy peasy (again... gut shots)... and while the progesterone in seasme oil was a bit of a pain the last 2 times, it was doable. Castor oil just isn't. I can't do it and not end up jiggling the damn needle in my butt... which of course results in pretty red stuff leaking from the injection site as soon as I remove the needle.

Not cool.

I like my blood... I'm very attached to it. Just ask the blood techs who can never find a vein *laugh* I don't like it flowing from injection sites.

So... I think tomorrow when I'm getting instruction on my Fragmin, I'm going to ask if they have any other alternatives to Sesame other than Castor oil... maybe grapeseed? Grapeseed would be good... it's nice and thin....

3 comments:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Hi there. Saw your comment on Pam & V's blog and thought I'd pop over. Read back from the beginning and am now up to date on your blog. I hope everything goes well with your transfer. Good luck!

Emily said...

OOOh, I hope they can switch you to another type of oil... and that you'll have to keep doing those injections for a long time after this cycle! :)

Pam said...

Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully they can change your PIO. But if not, is it possible that you can do the sticking but your DH can press the plunger for you?