Tuesday, March 11, 2008

retrieval in a few LONG hours....

So... my clock tells me it's 6:48 a.m. I'm up. I'm showered. I'm contemplating what to wear that'll be most comfortable and yet still weather appropriate (something tells me just going in my robe might be frowned upon *laugh*)... and I'm freakin' STARVING!

Why is it that on the average day I could probably manage 'til about 11:00 without breakfast with no issues, but as soon as I know I'm not ALLOWED to eat I'm famished? And, of course, I woke up this morning feeling parched and I'm not allowed to drink anything, either (not even water). Le Sigh.

So... today is retrieval day. DH is still asleep (I figure he has to deal with seeing me unable to move under my own power... the least I can do is let him get a little more sleep to help him cope *laugh*). The cats are shunning me (that's nothing new... they don't expect me to be here... and I'm not in bed)... I expect they'll think all their birthdays came at once later today when they have full access to a sleeping person in bed in the middle of the day, though. Silly kittens. Because, yep... that's my plan... ignore the rumbling and gurgling in my tummy... go get punctured a lot by a giant-assed needle... get hopped up on loopy juice (oh wait... that happens before the giant needle)... scarf some "free" snacks (yeah... "free"... 'cuz I'm not paying an arm and 3 legs for this whole IVF thing. Yeesh!)... stumble to the car... stumble from the car... crawl back into bed and sleep for 3 or 4 hours :) And then drive myself mental waiting for the phone call tomorrow telling me how many eggies they got and how many fertilized. I see tomorrow and Thursday at work being almost as productive as yesterday was... I was just a wee bit distracted. Ah well. I'm taking me an extra long weekend, so hopefully my brain will be a bit more focused next week *laugh*

6:56.... 8 minutes closer to the 10:45 retrieval....

2 comments:

Pam said...

Good luck today.

Emily said...

Good luck today! I'll be thinking about you! I hope they get nice mature eggs from every one of those follicles! Hope you get lots of rest & feel pretty good after the retrieval.

You're so funny lady! Sounds like my 2 kitties are the same as yours. I have been avoiding cuddles for the past few days because one of them likes to knead (constantly). That's usually cute, but she alway aims for the cozy fat to sink her paws into, and the last thing I need is her paw stomping on my swollen ovaries, lol!