Wednesday, March 12, 2008

UPDATE! We have the initial report...

Ok... before I spill the beans... let me flash back to our first round of IVF. Back in October '07 the stats were thus:
retrieved: 15
mature: 8
fertilized: 4
which gave us roughly 27% of the eggies they harvested to pin our hopes to. That's a lot to ask of such a small creature!

So this time the numbers are:
retrieved: 15 (again)
ICSI'd: 10 (I knew some of them would be too small, and after my last u/s was only expecting there to be 10 retrieved!)
fertilized: drum roll please.... 9!!!!!

That's 60% of what they retrieved... and 90% of what I expected! :) I'm positively giddy right now! Those numbers are WAY better than last time (I'm not sure if it's the doc, the meds, or the supplements DH has been taking... but at this point, I don't really care!)

They'll call tomorrow and let me know what time the transfer will be scheduled for *happy dance* Hopefully they all grade out nicely :)

6 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah! Excellent fert report. Good luck with the transfer and I hope the doc is on time. :)

Emily said...

Yay Mums! Thats wonderful news! This is lookin' good for you! Congratulations on 9 fertilized & hope you're feeling ok.

Mums_the_word said...

Me too... I've discovered through our last 2 transfers that my kidney's don't like me "holding it" for too long. *sigh* Of course, I've also discovered that it doesn't seem to matter what doc is performing the transfer, they're never on time *laugh*

Mums_the_word said...

Thanks 'm' :) You still looking at Friday for retrieval?

Emily said...

Yup. I'm triggering tonight, so Friday is the day! :)

FeistyKel said...

Awesome news, well done! All the best for transfer and the wait!