Wednesday, April 9, 2008

6w1d

Odd... apparently 6w was a mini milestone for me that I wasn't even aware of. Having managed to get through yesterday without any spotting (although I'm still checking every time I go to the washroom like a paranoid freak :p ), it's like someone flipped the 'excitement' switch in my head.

Not that I'm not still paranoid (see previous spotting checking). Not that there isn't still a voice in my head saying "Don't get your hopes up... you're not out of the woods yet!". But yesterday evening and today I'm actually starting to get a bit excited about this prospective parenthood thing.

Now if only I had a clue when they'd bring me in for a viability & placement ultrasound!

I've got another beta on Friday morning... I'm hoping it'll be over 1400 and I'm also hoping that at that point they'll tell me "come in for an u/s on this date". I'd really like to get at least Goal #2 under my belt before I relax too much!

In other news... DH and I are hoping to go to the "Baby Time" show on Sunday here in T.O.... we've been wanting to get to this show for the past 2 years and something always comes up (in fall it was our post-miscarriage trip to St. Lucia that got in the way... in retrospect, I almost think the show might have been the lesser of two evils there *laugh*)... but now we're pregnant (admittedly barely) and don't have other plans already for the weekend (other than him working on Saturday)... and the November show might be pushing our luck, so we're going.

Also... morning sickness hasn't really kicked in... and I'm hoping it doesn't (oh to be the lucky 15% for something!). That said, I did have wicked heart burn last night (note to self...no more super-greasy pizza... stick to the moderately greasy ones! ;) ) and had a moment of nearly spewing. Not fun.

And... fatigue. Oh. My. Gawd. I don't sleep in public. I don't sleep on buses, on trains, on planes... I just don't do it. It's a mental block, or a control freak side-effect or something. Well, yesterday I fell asleep on the train twice on the way TO work... twice on the way HOME from work... and 3 times this morning on the way in. And I'm battling the sleepies at my desk right now. This I could do without.

I'm routinely drinking about 3L of water during the day these days. Which of course means I'm making bathroom runs every 20 minutes.

And I have a craving for... of all things... Coke. I used to drink a couple of cokes a day. Brought it down to at most 1 per day once we were at the clinic. Cut it out entirely during all our procedures. Haven't had one since early February... but for the last week I've been craving one. Bad. Very bad. Lots of chemicals and evil caffeine. Bad. Must resist. Maybe I'll cave on the hankering for grilled cheese and poutine and see if that helps? *laugh*

Good grief... only 6 weeks in and already I'm losing my mind ;) But... almost half-way through the first trimester... which means almost half-way to "relax and enjoy this for a few months", right?

3 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations!!! Glad things are going in the upward direction. :) I'd have thought there would have been an ultrasound at 6wk but what do I know. ;) Enjoy the show.

Mums_the_word said...

Yeah... All the literature says they do one at aproximately 6.5 weeks, but they may be holding off 'cuz my numbers are kinda low. Who knows? I just hope they schedule one soon, 'cuz I'm getting impatient *laugh*

LadyofAvalon56 said...

I am so excited to find out what your next beta numbers are.

My only craving (other than meat) when I was pregnant was for jello. I *hate* jello, but before I even knew I was pregnant, it was all I could think about. The body works in mysterious ways, huh?

The fatigue. Oh God, it's awful. I likened it to being shot with a sedative dart: one second you're okay and the next you can barely form a sentence because you're falling asleep!

Enjoy it, though! ;)