Thursday, April 3, 2008

Beta #4 - 5w2d

The good news and then the paranoia, I think....

Today's beta: 241. For those of you keeping track that's triple, triple, and less than triple, but more than double. Or a doubling rate of 28.4, 30, and now 33. So it's slowing down, but still "better" than the "48 - 72 hours" that the folks in the know look for.

Next beta: Monday. Apparently the clinic are happy enough with these numbers (even though they're pretty darn low) to feel safe not having me back in 48 hours, but waiting 96 instead.

Target for Monday's beta: at least 964.. oh yeah, and not having to go back early

which brings me nicely to... the paranoia.

Last time the numbers went triple, triple, double... then they said "Come back in 4 days" and I ended up back there 2 days later because of spotting (at 5w3d and 5w4d) and the number had plummeted. This is all feeling a little too familiar for me to be comfortable and complacent yet. I hate that... this is supposed to be the time when I'm deleriously happy, not nervous beyond words and trapped in bad memories. Le Sigh.

But... not a whole lot I can do either way, other than take it easy and not be too stupid. So... we're off to visit D's parents for the weekend and let them know that we did another round of IVF (yes, that's right... they don't know. After the frequent questions with our FET, and the m/c before that, D didn't want to tell them and have to deal with questions and comments again).... and that it worked... so far.

And now I get to bite my nails for another 4 days *laugh*

1 comment:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Still a good number!! I hope everything goes well this time. You deserve it!