Friday, April 11, 2008

Let the madness begin…

Dreams, that is.

Last night I had a cesarean. Never mind that I’m only 6.5 weeks pregnant, last night my brain told me I was having a cesarean.

So when I woke up, I told D. His reaction? “Huh. Interesting. Boy or Girl?”

Not quite what I expected. But… girl. Which is doubly odd because every instinct I have is telling me this is a boy. Of course, the “yeah, but…” side of me is screaming at me that that probably guarantees it’ll be a girl, ‘cuz look how right I haven’t been about anything else *laugh*

And then there’s the “where did I leave my brain and why did I forget to pack it this morning” moments.

Like this one. My darling hubby is at home today. I got email from him. It was not from his work email account. It was not a continuation of the email chain from yesterday. When I left the house this morning, I left him curled up in a nice warm comfy bed, snoozing gently. So what do I ask him? Did he get wet on the walk from the car to the office. I’m an idiot. There was no walk from the car to the office… he’s at home. The email addy, subject line, and remembering the sleeping hubby should have clued me in to that, but nope… completely forgot it.

I'll update this afternoon with the results of Beta #6. Right now I'm nursing the holes in the backs of both hands (yes... both hands. Obviously the ease with which they've managed to retrieve the last 3 samples was a fluke and we're back to 'normal' now) and waiting for the phone to ring.

UPDATE: Not good. 795. That's up 94 in 4 days... so far from double, I don't even want to contemplate it. I have to go back on Sunday. Please, please, please, please, please let it be a fluke. Please don't let me lose this one too. Please?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh mums.... I hope it's ok & just a wierd number. I don't know enough about beta numbers to give you constructive info... hang in there sweetie. I'm rooting for you & hoping that little one is snuggled up nice & tight!

xo
M

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Thinking every positive and sticky though I can, mums.