Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ultrasound envy...

So. I'm part of an online forum for all things baby-related (from just thinking about starting to try right through to school age). So, I chatter with gals at the same stage as me, as well as women who've been there, and women who've yet to get there. There's a group for gals with due dates in a particular month. We chatter about symptoms (what few there are yet) and plans and such.

Well... first I was experiencing beta number jealousy because everyone else's numbers were so much higher than mine. Now I've moved on to Ultrasound Envy.

Why?

Let's see... I have a friend who's beta number just quadrupled on her third beta... she's got her viability/dating ultrasound booked. About a half-dozen others who're having viability/dating ultrasounds had 2 betas and then got booked for their ultrasound.

Me? I'm looking at beta #6 tomorrow and still no mention of an ultrasound. I'm hoping when they call with tomorrow's number it'll include info about an u/s. If not, I might just have to throw a spoiled-small-child-type hissy fit! *laugh* The only thing I can think of is that it's because my numbers were on the low end and my doubling rate slowed down. Either that or they think I'm a week earlier than I am (glorious thing about IVF... I know exactly when I got pregnant... 'cuz there was an audience!)... I say that because my friend, at 4w5d has a number that I didn't get until about 5w6d. Le Sigh.

Ah well... ranting now is moot. I guess we'll see what the next 24 hours or so bring (and please, please, please let them call me early tomorrow and not make me wait 'til 3:00!)

3 comments:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Ya know, you could ask for the ultrasound. Then you wouldn't wonder why they didn't offer it?

Just a suggestion. ;)

Mums_the_word said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I think part of me might be a little bit afraid of it, though. Happy Ignorance girl ;)

Emily said...

Arrgh! Very frustrating! I hope they call you early & set up the u/s!! Can't you ask??? Good luck with your next beta!!

P.S. I've been a bit mia. Please excuse me, just going through a but of PBFND. (post-bfn-... ah, you probably get it.)

((hugs))
M