Sunday, April 13, 2008

Colour me confused

Ok... so Friday sucked. No question. Number only climbed 94 points in 4 days. Not a good sign, we figured.

So... we expected bad news from this morning's beta and did our best to prepare for the worst. This was NOT helped by a sudden increase in my symptoms (sore boobs, queasiness, heartburn, fatigue, forgetfulness, interrupted sleep, thirst, waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I'm going to hurl...) or 2 more nights of dreams involving a small person belonging to us (more on that in a minute).

So... up this morning bright and early and off to the clinic we went. And then we waited. And waited. And I think DH now has a greater appreciation of the insanity that has been my life every other beta day. Today's result? 1019. OK... still not doubling, but a hell of a lot better than climbing 94... that's 224, I think (If my math is right... which it might not be). So now I'm just confused.

We've got an u/s on Tuesday morning (7w), which will hopefully make things clearer.

Ok... about these dreams. So, Thursday night as I think I mentioned I had a dream where I had a cesarean... and a little girl, contrary to my waking instincts. Well, Friday night I had another dream... our baby was being hooked up to all kinds of monitors in a hospital and there was some concern. Suddenly there was a heartbeat (115) and all was good. Again... a little girl. Last night we were at a party with a toddler who seemed to belong to su... again, a little girl. I'm starting to see a theme.....

So now we wait... and drive ourselves nuts... and hope against hope that Tuesday makes things clearer AND brings good news.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Mums, I am happy to hear about your beta today. This just can't be easy for you, can it! I wish I can do something to help. I'm glad to hear about the number today & wish you luck at your u/s.
((hugs))
M

Mums_the_word said...

Thanks M.

DH and I were just commenting on how nice it would be to have something finally go smoothly and easily and "normaly" for once.... it seems to be a trend in our life together that nothing's ever easy *sigh*

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Glad to hear your beta was better than last time. I will continue to hope and pray and look forward to your post on Tuesday. :)